Waiting to diagnose a liver condition is dangerous and unnecessary, especially when fibroscan technology offers the ability to assess liver health in a quick and non-invasive manner. Read our latest blog discussing the unique benefits of fibroscan testing and why all liver health plans should include fibroscans!
Fibroscans – The Silver Lining of Liver Health
October celebrates National Liver Awareness month, encouraging you to prioritize your liver health by acting early rather than too late. The liver is the largest organ in your body, and when it’s doing well, it’s easy to forget it’s there. However, a damaged liver can make daily life difficult and result in often avoidable health complications, such as cirrhosis (liver scarring). Early detection has been known to double the survival rate of liver disease patients, an excellent point to note when stressing the importance of routine liver examination. Fibroscans are a painless method that can assess how much fat is in the liver as well as its density. However, the benefits of a fibroscan go beyond those of just monitoring liver health; here are a few:
- Less Invasive Than a Liver Biopsy – Biopsy is no longer the only option for liver diagnosis. A liver biopsy is a medical procedure that means risks come attached; complications can occur due to anesthesia, bleeding, infection, pain, and injury. A fibroscan is devoid of these risks, as sedation is not required, and the procedure is non-invasive. Fibroscans are also the more affordable option, making them physically and financially comfortable for patients.
- Swift and Painless – A fibroscan can be completed in under ten minutes, making it time efficient and allowing you to receive results immediately. Best of all, this form of liver assessment is entirely pain-free.
- Valuable Liver Tool – Multiple liver diseases can develop into more severe liver conditions as time passes. This early intervention tool has proven especially useful with fatty liver as it’s typically undetectable in the early stages. There is no limitation on the number of uses; a fibroscan can keep track of the progression, stagnation, or lapse of a person’s liver disease.
Do I Need a Fibroscan?
Liver diseases are often silent, but deadly. In most cases, your healthcare provider will advise a fibroscan be completed to assess liver scarring and fibrosis caused by various liver diseases. Those typically referred to a fibroscan display signs of a liver condition or damage, such as:
- Alcohol-related liver disease
- Liver Inflammation
- Metabolic syndrome
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
Fibroscans are the more affordable alternative to liver biopsy and don’t require a referral. Be sure to contact your healthcare provider if you are worried you or a loved one may be dealing with liver damage. Liver health plans include fibroscans – your liver is the star of the show, so be sure to give it the Hollywood treatment.
Clinical Pharmacology of Miami wants to deLIVER high-quality results; get your FREE liver test today via our fibroscan technology – click here to apply! To discuss current or other upcoming studies, contact us at (305) 817 – 2900 or message us on our website!